Thursday, December 16, 2010

Music Review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEPB7uzKuh4

Okay, so I chose a song called Watercolour by a band named Pendulum. I had never heard of them, or the song.
I went to youtube and typed in unlistened to music. :P Yes, it's silly, but it worked :) And plus I like watercolors :)
When first listening to the song I was doing other things. I was doing homework or whatever. The point is, I was listening, but not analyzing it. So, the song went on and I thought 'Wow, this is a really sucky depressing song.' Can you tell I didn't like it? Well I didn't. I decided to stick with it though solely for the reason that I am said to change my mind so often about stuff that people could not keep up with me. I wanted to prove them wrong. Even if it only was for this silly blog and for this one time.
The next time I listened to it. I was laying in bed and I analyzed it but did not watch the video.
The lyrics seemed to match the morose and depressing mood to it.
Pendulum is probably very emotional. The song is about fear and getting away from where he is at. It can be tough to deal with life at times, but you have to stick with it and get it under control. While watching the video for this...it gets worse. It just brings it together to some up the depressingness. It is drab and gray. Literally, there is a lot of gray and dark blues. Colors can really make a difference. Suddenly there's a beam of light....and from there, it gets better :) the video makes a difference in how you visualize it. So, enjoy :D

2 comments: